Monster cupcake containers. (415-3023)
Coal black food color. (CH-7302)
Leaf green food color. (CH-7330)
Lemon yellow food color. (CH-7390)
Violet food color. (CH-7386)
Star tip # 18. (402-18)
Grass tip # 233. (402-233)
Disposable decorator bags. (AT-460)
Your favorite cake recipe or mix.
Your favorite icing recipe. (we used buttercream) You may also use a stabilized whip cream, but then cupcakes will have to be refrigerated.
- Make cake batter and fill containers 1/2 full. Bake according to recipe or mix.
- Make buttercream icing. Separate into four bowls. When making the black, a lot of color must be used. When making the lime green, start with the green, then add lemon yellow to make the lime green color. Keep in mind when you are coloring buttercream icing, the colors will get a couple of shades darker after it sits for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Cut the end of the disposable decorator bag off, and drop in the grass tip.
- Fill with black icing.
- Hold the bag straight up and down and squeeze the icing out until it touches the cake, then pull up so the icing stands up.
- Repeat, repeat, repeat until cupcake is covered in icing.
- For the lime green, orange and violet, we used tip #18 and followed the same procedure that was used with the grass tip.