|Large bunny peep cookie.|
Cookie Decorating, (The complete photo guide) by Autumn Carpenter.
Buttery Sugar Cookies.
- 1cup (2 sticks) of unsalted butter, softened.
- 3 oz. cream cheese, softened.
- 3/4 cups sugar.
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoons vanilla.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- Mix the butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 to 3 minutes or until the cream cheese and butter are blended. Scrape the bowl.
- Add the sugar. Continue to blend on medium speed until the mixture is light and fluffy. Mix in the vanilla.
- Add the egg, mixing on low speed until thoroughly blended. Scrape the bowl.
- Add the flour, 1 cup at a time. Scrape the bowl after adding each cup. Mix until just incorporated. Do not over mix, or the dough will toughen.
- Divide the dough into two equal portions. Flatten the dough into two patties that are approximately 1 1/2" thick.Wrap the patties in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least two hours or until firm.
- Roll out and cut the cookies. Bake in a 375°F Oven. Bake for approx. 9 to 11 minutes until edges are very lightly browned, or push into cookie pans.
Bake easy spray (702-6018)
Bunny peep pan (2105-1443)
1/2 lb. merckens milk chocolate (MMH)
16 oz. pink sanding sugar (SSUG-pin1)
Royal icing mix (CK77-101)
Pastry brush (AT-60010)
Jelly bean cake board (2104-7015)
- Spray cookie pan with bake easy.
- Make sugar cookie recipe, and push dough evenly into sprayed pan.
- Bake at 350°F for approximately 18 to 20 minutes or until edges are light brown. If you notice, we lowered the temperature because it's a large pan. If they are smaller cookies, bake according to directions.
- Cool in pan for about 10 minutes. then remove and cool on a cooling rack until completely cool.
- Make royal icing.
- Take a large spoonful of icing and thin it down with water. Icing should flow off of spoon.
- Use a pastry brush and brush a thin coating of icing onto cookie.
- Place cookie into a cake pan and sprinkle sanding sugar over entire cookie. The cake pan will catch any sugar not used.
- Melt down chocolate and with a spatula make two dots for his eye's and a dot for his nose.
- We used a small amount of chocolate to attach the cookie to the board.
Remember, you can use any color sanding sugar you want your bunny to be.