We made these from three different "Comfort Grip" cookie cutters. They are strong, deep and have a cushion on top for easy handling. They also work great for rice krispy treats, brownies and more.
- (Top cookie) Comfort grip pumpkin (2310-600)
- (Left cookie) Comfort grip Frankenstein (2310-3634)
- (Right cookie) Comfort grip skull (2310-3620)
- Yellow candy eyeballs (710-0132)
- Large white eyes (S-5110W)
- Leaf green food color (CH-7330)
- Lemon yellow food color (CH-7390)
- Coal Black food color (CH-7302)
- Disposable decorator bags (AT-460)
- Star decorator tip # 16 (402-16)
- Round decorator tip # 4 (402-4) and #8 (402-8)
- Royal icing mix (CK77-101)
- Favorite roll out cookie recipe. (Roll out recipe is in "Ghost Cookies" section)
- Make roll out cookie dough.
- Color dough with green and yellow food color. (The yellow mixed with green will give you that lime color)
- Roll out dough and cut and bake cookies. The cookie on the top is the pumpkin cutter. We cut the top of the pumpkin off to achieve that shape. (We use parchment paper to line our cookie sheets)
- Let cookies cool completely.
- Make royal icing and color some with the green and yellow (to match cookies) and some with the coal black food color.
- With tip # 16 and black icing, pipe on hair.
- With tip # 4 and black icing, pipe on mouths, scars and eyes.
- attach candy eyes with royal icing.
- With tip # 8 and green icing, pipe on nose, ears and eye lids.
- Let cookies dry for about 2 to 3 hours.
If you are going to use them as party favors, wrap them in cellophane bags and tie them with ribbon, raffia or twist ties.